Hello again :)
It's been more than a week since my last attempt at sounding remotely exciting or fabulous, and in that week....I really haven't gotten any closer to that goal...sorry :(
But the feet are much better. The bee sting has stopped being a bruise purple enough to be sold at Hastings, and the tendon isn't aching very often. Although I think last summer established the trend of mysterious summer ailments to befall members of my family. It all started with my inflamed cornea post-finals, then in India at the orphanage I got some nasty bug bites that turned into infected things, then the awful cashew-poisoning, then my mother's brush with malaria and my series of viral infections.....This summer so far we have collectively gotten tendonitis, a bee sting, a bad cold, and most recently, my dad's cricket playing injury....yay trips to the hospital!!
Since last week I have attempted (unsuccesfully) to relearn how our kitchen works after the massive remodeling happened, redecorated the room that was mine and is now the sister's, made some delicious desserts, read some Nietzsche and had a few bizarre dreams.
So bizarre dreams....they've been reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally weird. Like people who had no reason to come by show up at my house and leave after becoming besties with my parents. Or some how me being in NY and going over to Greg's (sorry Curry) house to party which happened to be some kind of indoor campground thing with a very random assortment of Amherst people inside (KB, Chris, Tim Cheng, Annah, and Prof.Bishop come to mind) and then we went to watch a Chinese movie done in a Bollywood style (wtf????) and then somehow decided to eat a Thanksgiving dinner (in the middle of July) to which Maya's parents showed up.
The most recent bizarre dream was last night....I went back to Amherst for the summer, except Amherst was in Thailand.
Yeah, Amherst was set right outside of Bangkok and the building we were in looked sort of like Marsh but all the furniture was made of bamboo. Anyway, again a very random assortment of people showed up...mostly people I'd spent time with studying for finals, during commencement/reunion, or who will also be at Amherst part of the summer...in any case I remember seeing Sarah Zimmerman, and definitely remember trying to arrange a sightseeing trip with Jimmy, Rachel Edelman, and Scott except Jimmy kept disappearing so I think we left without him. At some point there were fireworks and people drinking soda while lying outside....
Like I said, weird stuff.
OH! I've been shopping a few times. I am basically the best sale shopper ever, seriously. You should all go shopping with me. I've picked up a few lovely dresses that can be worn year round, a pair of jeans and some more fun jewelery. Yay shopping! When did I turn into such a girl (question for all you HS friends)?
An important discovery has also been made, our rabbit loves cherries. If you feed her a cherry, she grabs it, runs to a corner and eats like she's in a contest or something. She even licks the stone clean! Silly Fatty....
Besides having strange dreams and being a consumer whore, I've had a fun time hanging out with all sorts of people here in SJ, lots of old friends I hadn't seen in a while (hello :] ) and enjoyed catching up with. Isn't it nice how even after a few years you can pick up and have great conversations with some people?
Tomorrow Jennifer arrives at the SJ airport for a few days of running around the Bay Area. My plans for this crazy rest of the week include a stop at Todai, the all you can eat Japanese sea food buffet, Jazz at Santana Row, and a day of insanity at SF...I'm sure the two of us will find other crazy things to do as well that you will all get to hear about!
A big thank you to everyone who's been emailing about what they've been up to as well. I love hearing from you, it makes me happy.
Last thing, if you care to interpret any of my dreams and send me your interpretation as well as your opinion as to how much of a crazy I am, I will most likely love you forever and continue having dreams about you in strange situations....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment