Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ants in my laptop and sexy icecream

As I have complained to some of you already, there are ants in my laptop biting my fingers occasionally when I attempt to type.

W.T.F.

I am on an IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) campus and all, and Indians are into gadgets, but even the ants?

I just hope more of them don't appear once I'm back stateside, I don't want to be the cause of some hostile takeover of California by invasive species.

OH! That reminds me, I'm getting on an airplane tonight to fly back to the land were eat raw vegetables do not give you the runs, where there are cherries and peaches, and cheese! I'm quite excited.

But I couldn't leave India without sharing the story of the sexy ice-cream shop....

So the sister and I went to a mall with a family friend to buy some things. We spot an icecream place and because it was ridiculously hot outside, we decide we want some. So we begin to look at the flavors and quickly end up convulsing in fits of laughter.

The flavors were:

Licentious Lychee
Carnal Desire (which we think was some sort of caramel concoction)
Lychee Lolita (not sure what differentiated it from Licentious, but it was more pink?)
Brandy Ecstacy
Chocolate X-cess
Mango Mischief
Tropical Temptress (yes! Take orientalist terms for the women and turn it into icecream flavors!)
Between The Sheets

There were a few more normal flavors...but these were just ridiculous. Can't have real sex because of social taboos? Eat it instead!!

So once I'm back to the land of non-shit internet, I'll finally get to writing about working at the NGO and about things seen/learnt in Calcutta. I was debating with myself as to whether that stuff should be posted on this blog seeing as it is a travel blog and I wouldn't really be travelling but since it pertains to travelling...I'll post it.

If you don't want to read it, well...not my problem :)

So that's that of this year's India....see ya Stateside!

No comments: